SAIS provides help for foreign students in finding an accommodation and giving general information before and after their arrival in Bologna.
To enjoy the services offered by SAIS it is necessary to:
- STEP 1: to be an international student or a visiting professor/ researcher/ scholar which is studying or working at the University of Bologna.
- STEP 2: to be registered at SAIS.
BEFORE the arrival
Information and services BEFORE you arrive are divided into two separate moments:
- TWO Months before arrival: Ask for the “Accommodation Declaration “in order to obtain a visa which will be issued by an Italian Embassy; Reserve an accommodation in a Residence or in special accommodation for disabled students; Make sure you register for the “Bussola” and “SAIS” services in order to receive all the information on how to find an accommodation and what accommodation opportunities there are in Bologna.
- ONE Month before arrival: Confirm your accommodation reservation and make sure you have all the information you need to reach the facility; Book and Confirm your appointment with SAIS Staff; Collect information on the cost of living in Bologna, how to open a bank account, health care, canteens and free time.
THE DAY YOU ARRIVE in Bologna
If you have reserved an room in a University Residence you will receive:
- Accommodation Condition report
- Accommodation contract: original and signed contract
- Booklet of general information on our services and “How to move around in Bologna”
- Directions to follow for repairs in the apartment
If you have booked a private appointment with SAIS staff:
- You will receive an Information Folder
- You will be offered help to look for an accommodation and will be informed on other accommodation possibilities with the “Bussola” website and other ways
- You will be offered “Contractual Consulting” and suggestions on “How to move around in Bologna”.
During the YEAR
You will receive:
- Individual appointment to search accommodation
- Contractual consulting
- Help in solving any issue between owners and students/tenants
- Information on Events and Opportunities